Step Up to the Business of Speaking with ProTrac!
Each Fall, we initiate an emerging speaker program called ProTrac — an initiative of CAPS Manitoba. This is the perfect program for any speaker interested in exploring the lucrative, yet convoluted, business of professional speaking. The main different between a public speaker and a professional speaker is that the pro’s get paid to share their experiences.
In this 6-month program participants will learn from experienced mentors, coaches and facilitators through our newly revamped, peer-supported program. Emerging speakers will gain insight into what it takes to be successful in the speaking business.
ProTrac commences in the fall, and the ProTrac participants will meet in-person on the second Mondays of every month (except December), beginning in November 2017 ending in May 2018 with a celebration event on June 08 2018.
To inquire about ProTrac 2018, or to ask questions, or for more details, please contact one of our ProTrac coordinators listed below.
1. Work groups meet regularly. Mutual support provides shared ideas, information, encouragement, connections, and accountability.
2. Administration, monitoring and support keep participants on-track. The program’s coordinators are available for support and direction, as needed. The coordinators provide structure and make arrangements for orientation and evening classes of rich learning, and an evening showcase with a closing celebration.
3. Accountability is an important program feature. Participants are expected to keep agreements with their peer group, the program coordinators, and CAPS Manitoba.
4. Adaptable learning – No matter the knowledge or skill level, the sessions are designed to provide maximum insight and flexibility.
“I got my money’s worth with the ProTrac Program. I have the ProTrac manual that I can refer to and the 6 facilitated sessions that included coaching by professional coaches that helped me to be accountable. I really liked getting the feedback on my presentation from the professional speakers and event planners. If you want to get moving with your speaking business, this is the program that can make the difference for you.”
The ProTrac participants will meet in-person in the evenings from 6 – 9 pm on a monthly basis. The last session ends in in May and a celebration on the completion of the Program will be held in June. Our first meeting will be in November 2017 from 6-9 pm which will provide you will an orientation of the program, you will receive your manuals and set your goals!
To inquire about the ProTrac Program for 2017/2018 for more details, please contact one of the ProTrac Coordinators listed below.
- Participants work through a ProTrac Manual on the topics that correspond with the monthly workshops. There are pre and post exercises that will be reviewed and shared.
- Work groups meet regularly. Mutual support provides shared ideas, information, encouragement, connections, and accountability.
- Administration, monitoring and support keep participants on-track.
- The program’s coordinators are available for support and direction, as needed. The coordinators provide structure and make arrangements for orientation and evening classes of rich learning, and an evening showcase with a closing celebration.
- Accountability is an important program feature. Participants are expected to keep agreements with their peer group, the program coordinators, and CAPS Manitoba.
- Adaptable learning – No matter the knowledge or skill level, the sessions are designed to provide maximum insight and flexibility.
Registered participants meet in-person or virtually each month to discuss the following modules:
Module One – November
Pick Your Topic, Niche, Credibility & Expertise
Module Two – January
Building Your Foundation
Your Market, Business/ Marketing Planning & Analysis and the Speaking Umbrella model
Module Three – February
Business and Marketing Action Plans and Time Management
Module Four – March
Marketing Strategies and the One Sheet
Module Five – April
Selling Yourself–Sales Strategies, Fee Structure and After Sales
Module Six – May
Advanced Presentation Skills/ Speaking Panel
Celebration Event – June
- Monthly CAPS Manitoba meetings and special events at discounted rates
- Access to our Chapter library and resource centre materials
- Coaching from successful professional speakers for networking and guidance, as well as mentoring
- The enjoyment of professional guest speakers each month who readily share their experience and expertise in the world of professional speaking
In summary, ProTrac includes:
– Complimentary CAPS Manitoba privilege for one year
– 26 hours of in-class training, plus virtual webinars etc.
– Interaction with Winnipeg’s top speakers, trainers and facilitators
– Peer mentorship with your fellow participants
– Opportunity to showcase your speaking talents to the entire CAPS membership
– Complimentary coaching sessions to provide 1-on-1 guidance, and much, much more!
Here’s what past participants have said:
“The ProTrac Program was exactly what I needed to get me moving with my speaking business. I didn’t even know what a one-sheet was or what to include on it! The professional speakers at CAPS were so helpful, and they were willing to share all that they had learned, saving me both time and money!”
“Protrac was the best investment I could have made last year to take my business to the next level. This program provided the tools, guidance, accountability, and most important the ability to learn, grow and make connections with seasoned speaking professionals from the CAPS community. The format and accountability provided by the CAPS program gave me the clarity and tools to define my business and outline a clear path of how to develop a solid speaking business.”
“Pro Trac is a simple but powerful program that helped me take my speaking ability and turn it into a speaking business. The training manual is divided into modules that gently guide you through the process all the way from picking your topic to selling your business. Each module is loaded with valuable content that I am still referring to. But the best part of Pro Trac are the coaches!!! They are top notch, very successful and super caring. I highly recommend Pro Trac to anyone who wants to launch their own speaking business.”
“The ProTrac program was great for me because I liked working with others who had the same goals of speaking as I did. We met every two weeks and shared our learning with each other. It
helped motivate me to stretch further than I would have on my own. Attending the CAPS monthly sessions at a discounted rate was another way I got more learning about the speaking business. CAPS members and professional speakers from across Canada and the US who spoke at these sessions were more than happy to share what they learned along the way.”
To ask questions, or for more details, please contact:
Angela Mondor at 204-809-9607 – email@example.com
Noreen Kolesar at 204-837-6849 – firstname.lastname@example.org