Create your Bestseller by 2018
How to polish, publish & promote your bestseller to increase your impact in the world.
With Teresa de Grosbois, #1 International bestselling author of 4 books & founder of the Evolutionary Business Council.
Teresa de Grosbois is the #1 International bestselling author of Mass Influence – a bestseller in 7 countries. Specializing in the topic of influence, Teresa has a proven track-record in word of mouth epidemics, having taken three books to best-seller status in only 8 months, and having launched Mass Influence to hit #1 International bestseller status within 4 hours of launching. As the founder of the Evolutionary Business Council, Teresa leads an international organization of influential speakers. Teresa has spoken on this topic around the world, including at writers guilds and professional speakers associations in Canada, US, UK and Europe.
This intensive workshop is targeted at writers and speakers; giving you the full picture you need to put your self-help book on the bestseller lists and, ultimately, make a bid for New York Times.
You will learn:
- Key distinctions in how to write a bestseller
- The two key things that will have multiple publishers clamoring for your book
- The top mistake to avoid in marketing your book
- How bestseller lists work and how to get on them, including how many books you need to sell
- How to get top authorities in your field to endorse your book
- How to attain and use bestseller status titles to give you the credibility you need for your speaking career
Here’s more reasons to attend this year’s Book Event…You can win! Door prizes! And for anyone who joins CAPS Manitoba by noon, Sunday October 15, 2017, Teresa de Grosbois will donate a $600 – 30 minute coaching session to help you write a Best Selling Book!
How to Work with a Book Editor – Barbara McNichol
Whether you’re a first-time author or writing your seventh book, this session discusses key priorities when working with an editor. They include:
- Selecting an editor – what process helps you when you’re comparing various options?
- Staying on purpose – how can an editor help you clarify your objectives and stack on track?
- Supporting your writing skills -how can an editor ensure your writing is concise, precise, and persuasive throughout?
You’ll also address your big-picture dreams for writing a book: what it will do for you, your business, and the people in your world.
In crafting your best book ever, experience how to collaborate with a pro through this practical session.
Barbara helps speakers, authors, and entrepreneurs improve their writing through her monthly ezine Add Power to Your Pen and Word Trippers Tips, a subscription resource for choosing the perfect word when it really matters (www.WordTrippers.com).
Over the past 23 years, she has placed more than 350 books on her editing “trophy shelf.” A 21-year member of the National Speakers Association, Barbara has presented at CAPS Conference in Halifax (2015), NSA Influence (2016), and Meet the Experts at numerous CAPS/NSA events. A Saskatchewan native, she now lives in Tucson, Arizona.
CAPS MB Chapter is thrilled to once again have back Friesens sponsor our Book Event. We’ll have Donovan Bergman on hand to tell us about Friesens and answer any questions related to printing.
A born and raised Altona boy, Donovan went to Winnipeg for his post-secondary education graduating with a diploma in business administration from Red River College and followed that up with a commerce degree from the University of Manitoba .
Donovan joined the Friesens team in 2002 working as a customer service representative for two years, left the company for a short time and then returned to join the sales force in 2005. The territory he covers includes Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Northwestern Ontario and the Northern Territories.
Donovan is happy to call Altona home, where he enjoys small town life with his wife Andrea and two sons – Luke & Rafael.
Date | Times
- October 14, 2017
- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Teresa de Grosbois
- Create your Bestseller by 2018
- Barbara McNichol
- How to Work with a Book Editor
- Donovan Bergman
- Book Publishing Essentials
- Winnipeg Winter Club
- Members Early Bird Discount - 69.00
- Members - 139.00
- First Time Guests - 139.00
- First Time Guest Early Bird Discount - 69.00
- Non-Members & Returning Guest Early Bird Discount - 89.00
- Non-Members & Returning Guest - 159.00
- Zoom only access - 20.00