CAPS Manitoba along with all the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS) Chapters across Canada have been busy creating new websites for our members and loyal followers — Welcome To Ours!
We hope that you will be as excited by all the new features, just like we are here on the website team. Here’s what you should check out first:
- The Blog: Google loves WordPress, because it loves the regularly updated content. Fire up your creativity, and feel free to submit a 300 to 500 word Guest Blog Post with our Webmaster on topics of interest to our members and emerging speakers.
- eSpeakers Bio: Our members’ beautiful eSpeaker Bios will automatically populate and be featured in rotation on our Home Page — more great advertising for your speaking business — all for no additional cost to CAPS members.
- Events Page: Now we can consolidate all our upcoming events on one great-looking page with links for registration.
- We’re All Searchable: Now our visitors will be able to quickly search for a speaker for their next event, as the new search engine will allow searches on Name, Expertise, Industry, and Keywords. They can even search specifically for CSP and Hall of Fame members!
- Video Integration: The newest version of WordPress makes uploading great videos super easy! So much so that we will be developing our own CAPS Manitoba Youtube Channel so that we can share all your great Video Blogs, Speaking and Keynote Recording Snippets, Video Testimonials and much, much more. What will you video-record for us to share in 2014?
- eNews and Blog Integration: Also, please sign up to receive our valuable eNews which will now include blog posts from our contributing writers on a variety of business-related subjects.
- Uniformity: Every CAPS Chapter in Canada is now functioning off the same WordPress platform, and everyone knows that WordPress is the gold-standard in blog platforms — Google’s going to love us! Plus, now we can offer consistency Canada-wide for all Chapter members and site visitors, no matter where they live. The event planners are going to love us too!
- Brand-Ability: CAPS Chapters across Canada are now more consistent with their brand messages, meaning our members will benefit from a more professional looking brand, which will in-turn make you (branding-wise) part of a much large entity.
- Members-Only Section: As time progresses we will add to our password-protected members-only section where we can share more local resources, tips, suggestions and comments with each other.
What did you notice and love about the new website, please feel free to post your comments below.